Confetti Salad is a perfect blend of diced peppers, cucumber, zucchini, onion, and olives, all drizzled with a zesty vinaigrette. It is a great addition to any meal.
If you need a nutritious dish, packed with veggies, that has a delicious flavor, this confetti salad is the dish for you.
It is so easy that you can whip it together in just 20 minutes. And since it goes with almost any dish, this is a perfect one to have in your recipe drawer.
It is also a beautiful salad. With the mix of colors from all the different vegetables, it is a rainbow of nutrients and delicious flavors.
To balance it all, this is a healthy dish you can serve to people who need more vegetables and one that reluctant veggie eaters will happily eat.
What is Confetti Salad?
Vegetable Confetti Salad is a mix of fresh produce all diced small to look like a bowl of confetti. We use diced bell peppers, cucumber, zucchini, onion, and olives, tossed in a vinaigrette. It’s a colorful, crisp, and tangy side dish that is a great recipe any time of year.
What Ingredients are in Confetti Salad?
- Yellow, Green, and Red Bell Pepper: gives the dish a rainbow salad look and a sweet, crunchy texture
- Cucumber: adds a refreshing crunch
- Zucchini: gives the salad a mild, tender texture
- Red Onion: adds a zesty bite
- Diced Olives: mixes in a salty twist to balance the other flavors
- Olive Oil: adds richness to the dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar: gives a tangy bite to the dish
- Honey: adds a hint of sweetness to the dressing
- Salt: makes every other ingredient taste better
- Black Pepper: adds a touch of spice to this rainbow salad
Pro Tip: The combination different colored peppers a variety of flavors and brings the bright colors to the salad. If you want, you could substitute an orange bell pepper for the green pepper to give you more colors in this summer confetti like salad.
How to Make Confetti Salad:
- Dice the bell peppers, cucumber, zucchini, onion, and olives, and put in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the diced ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Chill the salad for at least two hours.
- Before serving, toss again to make sure the flavors are well-distributed.
Pro Tip: The longer you let the salad chill, the more the flavors meld together, making it even more delicious.
What to Serve with Confetti Salad:
I like to serve classic grilled dishes with this raw zucchini Salad. But it is one of those side dishes that goes beautifully with almost anything: grilled meats, seafood, or use it as a topping for grilled chicken!
Served with a side of tortilla chips, this is a fantastic accompaniment to BBQs, potlucks, and work lunches.
Pro Tip: To make this a main dish, stir in a cup of black beans or kidney beans to give you lean protein. I like eating this black bean confetti version as a healthy lunch.
The next time you need an on the go lunch option, spoon the bean mixture with the salad in a wrap with some salad greens. The perfect salad wrap for healthy eating.
When to Serve Confetti Salad:
- Potlucks: Impress your friends with this colorful and tasty dish at your next potluck.
- BBQs: It’s the perfect addition to your barbecue spread.
- Work Lunch: take it the next day for a healthy and flavorful option to break the monotony of your weekday lunch.
Is Confetti Salad healthy?
Yes zucchini pepper salad is healthy! It is loaded with fresh veggies that have powerful nutrients in them. Then it uses an apple cider vinegar & honey based dressing which have so many great health benefits even for the small serving size.
Everything in this dish is healthy, tasty, and perfect for people who want to eat more vegetables in a delicious way.
How to Store Confetti Salad:
Store Confetti Zucchini Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You want to keep it crisp and flavorful, and the fridge is the best place for that.
Does Confetti Salad Need to be Refrigerated?
Yes, this bell pepper zucchini salad recipe needs to be refrigerated. Basic food safety guidelines state that cut vegetables need to be refrigerated to prevent food borne illnesses. Do not leave it out of the fridge for more than an hour to keep it food safe.
Can You Freeze Confetti Salad?
No, you cannot freeze confetti salad. Because this is a raw salad with fresh veggies, freezing will completely change the texture and freshness of the salad when it is thawed.
Is Confetti Salad gluten free?
Yes, Confetti Salad is naturally gluten free. There is no ingredient in this dish that contains gluten.
Is Confetti Salad vegan?
No, this recipe for confetti salad is not vegan since it uses honey in the dressing. But that is an easy thing to swap!
To make this dish vegan, use a vegan sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar in the dressing. It will add a different flavor, but will be equally delicious!
Additional Salad Recipes You’ll Love…
- Roasted Radicchio with Grapes
- Popcorn Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Arugula Beet Goat Cheese Salad
- Brown Rice Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Pea Salad
- Simple Penne Pasta Salad
- Roquefort Salad Recipe
- Old Fashioned Caramel Apple Salad
- Old Fashioned Fruit Salad with Sour Cream
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Spiral Pasta Salad
- Sour Cream Potato Salad
- Zucchini Corn Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
This confetti salad is a quick and colorful side dish. With bright colors and great flavor, this is one of those delicious recipes you will make again and again.
- Place bell peppers, cucumber, zucchini, onion and olives in a bowl (display as you would a rainbow, before mixing)
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Chill for 2+ hours.
- Toss again before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g